Friday, August 13, 2010

mini lemon blueberry trifle

h

When it comes to dessert, I am a fuity kind of gal- though I enjoy chocolate I crave sweet and sour fruit flavors. I have been wanting to put my own twist on a simple trifle that incorporates some of my favorite flavors.


IMG_2263

No time over here to make cake from scratch so I used a boxed lemon cake mix and turned it into a pound cake-

1 box of cake mix
1 package 3.4 oz of lemon instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of vegetable oil

bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes


IMG_2265

I cut it up into cubes.


IMG_2302

The best part of this dessert is making homemade whip cream.
Start with a cup of whipping cream.
1/3 cup of sugar (optional)


IMG_2270

Whip with a mixer for about 5 minutes or until it is thick and fluffy.


IMG_2271

YUMMM!!!!

IMG_2277

Next I filled the cups- I have a set of cute little trifle cups that are perfect for this dessert.
I started with whip cream,


IMG_2279

added a layer of cake,

IMG_2274

added a handful of blueberries,

IMG_2280

and continue building layers until the cup is full.

IMG_2281

add a big dollop of whip cream to the top.


IMG_2275

Then I added just a pinch of toasted coconut to the top.

IMG_2282

I wanted a little extra lemon so I added a little squeeze of lemon to the top.

IMG_2289

OH GOODNESS....YUMMMMMMMMM!!!

IMG_2287


12 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

That pretty much sounds like a perfect summer dessert. YUM! I don't know if I could trust myself with just one of those mini cups, though, ha!

Home and Heart said...

Looks DELISH! I am not much on chocolate, so this looks perfect! (Easy and fast too)!

Sharne Gregory said...

Sounds and looks good, I will have to give it a try.

MitziMakes said...

This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

Vasavi Suresh said...

That's a perfect treat. Quick an delicious. Bookmarked it.

daniii♥ said...

This looks delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!

Janie Husband said...

oh my....i need this right now...yummy

The Tote Trove said...

I too crave fruity over chocolate, and your creation looks divine. I also really like your teal, retro-looking mixer.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait the time for summer to make this fresh and stylish dessert...
XXX
http://capitocome.blogspot.com/

Suzanne said...

Man, that looks good. I'm so pleased to see you making real whipped cream. I get so discouraged when I see a recipe celebrating using fresh fruits from farmer's markets, then they go on to put cool whip on it. What a waste.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Neat tip about turning the cake mix into a pound cake, I din't know about that one. Peaches...here I come.

janet hill said...

I've recently learned that cake mixes can be fabulous and not 'detected' if you make the icing from scratch. In your case combining it with blueberries etc sounds extra inventive and delicious! Perfect for summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails